Since 2002, Ponaman Healthcare Consulting (PHC) has provided ongoing technical support to a multitude of clients. We partner with our clients and are embedded in the organization to provide leadership and support to ensure goals and objectives are met. Essentially, we become an extension of our clients.
PHC continues to provide our clients with cutting edge support to ensure the best in service delivery. Significant benefits have included:
- Securing “best-in-class” vendors for maximum performance and service delivery
- Identifying and reversing unprofitable operations
- Improving internal support systems to maximize efficiencies, and eliminate costly redundancies
PHC works with many health care providers to assist in the day-to-day business operations. We provide consistent communication to update our clients on regulatory changes, project developments, and opportunities to enhance productivity. Specific technical assistance projects have included:
- Procurement of national “best-in-class” 340B vendors to support such functions as 340B outpatient purchasing split-billing applications, 340B retail pharmacy program pharmacy contracting and replenishment vendors, and transparent Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) vendors to support integrated, regulatory compliant employee benefit program cost savings.
- Development of integrated 340B Accountable Care Organization (ACO) strategies, including transparent PBM Hub models to promote clinically integrated decision-making, Medicare population pharmacy dispensing data transmission back to providers, reduced needs for prior authorization, and an approach that guarantees the hospital and employee always have access to the lowest cost option.
- Project management for split-billing and retail pharmacy program development and implementation efforts.
- Ongoing technical support to ensure a high level of regulatory compliance and continued optimization of the 340B benefits to covered entities.
- Quarterly e-newsletters and email blasts to ensure PHC clients are kept up to date on key regulatory concerns and potential needs for process improvements to guarantee compliance with all 340B Program requirements.
- Ongoing liaison between PHC clients and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) to ensure timely access to regulatory compliance inquiries and needed support on covered entity 340B Program expansions or operational changes, including required regulatory filings.
- Ongoing Medicare cost reporting technical support to ensure cost reporting is in alignment with new opportunities for 340B Program continued optimization.
- Periodic data validation to maintain 340B compliance.
- Annual recertification and updates to the HRSA/OPA database.
- Financial performance monitoring and year-to-date savings updates.
- Clarification and/or education on regulatory changes.
Recent Technical Support Clients include:
Crisp Regional Health Services
Genesis Health Care System
Maricopa Integrated Health Systems
Faulkton Area Medical Center
Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Porter Medical Center